Rebecca Spann, Ed.S, LPC is the Owner of About You Counseling and Consulting were she specializes in treating women who experience anxiety, depression and stress in their everyday lives.
Rebecca’s unique approach to therapy leaves clients feeling safe, heard, and confident as they embrace their pathway to healing. She incorporates innovative techniques and strategies that are uniquely designed to match the needs of her clients.
In addition to counseling services, Rebecca is a Mental Health Advocate, Private Practice Consultant for other therapists and workshop facilitator. Rebecca has a passion for community and in 2019, co-founded Mental Health Clinicians of Color in Grand Rapids which is a nonprofit organization which focuses on creating community and resources for BIPOC therapist in Grand Rapids, MI . Her breath of experience is rooted in private practice, community mental health, education systems and foster care agencies.
Rebecca received her Bachelor of Psychology from Jackson State University. She also holds a Master degree as well as an Education Specialist degree in Counseling from Mississippi College.
- Born and raised in Grand Rapids, MI and graduate of Ottawa Hills High School
- Bachelors degree in both Psychology and Interpersonal Communication and Masters degree in Marriage, Couple and Family Therapy from Western Michigan University
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- National Certified Counselor
- Approved supervisor for limited licensed professional counselors (LLPC)
- Currently in private practice providing outpatient therapy to individuals, couples and families addressing many issues such as depression, anxiety, identity, self-worth, spiritual, communication skills, etc.
- Workshop facilitator and speaker on topics: diversity awareness, mental and emotional health topics, Biblical/spiritual lessons
- Member of the Church of Christ- Grandville congregation
- Co-Founder of Mental Health Clinicians of Color in Grand Rapids
- Vice-president for Michigan Youth Worker’s Association
- Board member for Meaning in Colors
- Mom- Brenda Ison and stepdad- Leonard Ison and dad- Anthony Sturdivant
- Single, no children, rabbit- Buddy, dog- Londyn
- Fun facts: former member of track and field team for WMU and high school state champion record holder in Long Jump, was extremely shy as a child and teenager, learned how to swim this year